This section contains resources related to the regulation of occupational therapy in Canada, including ACOTRO publications, Annual General Meeting minutes, annual reports and external publications.
Essential Competencies of Practice
- Essential Competencies of Practice for Occupational Therapists in Canada, 3rd Edition
- Quick Reference Guide to Essential Competencies of Practice for Occupational Therapists in Canada
- Methodology Supplement to the Essential Competencies of Practice for Occupational Therapists in Canada
- Joint Position Statement on Evidence-Based Occupational Therapy
- Joint Position Statement on Diversity
- Joint Position Statement on Professional Identity, Individual Responsibility and Public Accountability Through the Use of Title in Occupational Therapy
Assessing the Qualifications and Competencies of Internationally-Educated Occupational Therapists
- Harmonizing Language Proficiency Standards for Occupational Therapists in Canada - Final Report
- Assessing the Competence of Internationally-Educated Occupational Therapists for Practise in Canada: Towards a Common Approach and an Assessment Toolkit
- Assessing Substantial Equivalence of Internationally-Educated Occupational Therapists: Principles, Process, & Tools
- The Development of an Access and Registration Framework for Internationally Educated Occupational Therapists: Summary Report 2007
Use of Title in Retirement
- OTC Backgrounder on Use of Title
- ACOTRO Title Protection Provisions Province by Province
- ACOTRO FAQ on Use of Title in Retirement
- Social Media for Occupational Therapists: Balancing the Risks and Benefits - A Presentation for the CAOT Conference 2013
- Managing Client Records (2016)
- Privacy Laws and Standards in Canada for Occupational Therapists (April 2016)
ACOTRO Annual General Meeting minutes
ACOTRO annual reports
- There are no annual reports at this time.
- There are no publications at this time.
ACOTRO web banners
Adding an ACOTRO web banner to your website highlights resources and news for the occupational therapy profession in Canada.